The Internet has become part of our life. So to add, smart devices also became a part of our life. Today 70% of adults own a laptop. Let’s assume that you are preparing a presentation or any important work. Now, suddenly if your laptop throws an error called plugged in not charging and you only have 2% battery left. I can understand the pain you go through.
There are various reasons for this error. It might be due to the internal driver problem or a malware and many more reasons. This error can be due to your faulty batteries as well. For every problem before buying a new product we can look for alternative solutions. Let’s try the following steps before you think to buy a new battery or laptop.
Plugged In Not Charging – Steps To Follow
- First of all, try checking the outlet and the cord. Sometimes your cord can be burnt or broken which is why the battery is not getting charged
- Let the laptop cool down for a while. Shutdown the laptop and of the power source for a few minutes and then restart your laptop. Resolve Lenovo battery not charging issue with the above steps
- Try changing the power source. Check with other power outlet or try charging in the different room
- If your battery can be taken out then remove your battery. Press and hold on power button for some time and place your battery back
- Start your laptop without a battery. Shutdown your computer and remove the battery. Now plug the power source. If your laptop won’t start then the problem is with the cord. Change the cord and place the battery back, this should resolve your issue. If the computer is not turning on then the issue is with battery
- Skip the above step if your battery is not removable. Follow the below step to fix your battery problem else you should buy a new battery for your computer
- Change your charger and test whether the computer is getting charged or not. Resolve plugged in not charging hp issue by using these steps
Configuration Settings and Drivers – Windows
- Check the power settings available on your computer. Navigate to start then control panel and click power options (you can search “power options” on the control panel). Now, check for the low battery level notification range. If it is set to a high number then your computer instead of charging shutdowns. Best way to solve is just click restore default settings.
- Open device manager by navigating to start, next control panel, the next System, and Security, then Device Manager. Expand the batteries section and right click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” option. Select update driver software. Now shutdown the computer and restart it.
- If still the issue persists then try uninstalling the drivers. Right click on “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” and select uninstall. After uninstalling, select scan for hardware changes. Restart your computer once you have reinstalled it again. These will help in resolving most of the laptop plugged in not charging issues
Configuration Settings and Drivers – Mac
- Open the application folder and click on energy saver, check for battery and power adapted tabs, when sleep setting is too low, it looks like a battery charging problem. You can use the same steps to resolve Ipad not working issue
Reset system management controller which manages the battery.
Removable battery: Shutdown the computer and off the power source. Now, remove the battery and press the power button for a few seconds. Restart your laptop after placing the battery
Non-Removable battery: Shutdown the computer and on plug into the power source. Now press the shift control option keys and the laptop power button at the same time. Release the keys at the same time and next turn on your computer
Hope this article has helped you in resolving charging issues. These steps can also be used for issues like plugged in not charging Del laptop.
If you have any queries then do let me know in the comments section.